Museo di Castelvecchio, Gabinetto Disegni e Stampe
The Gabinetto disegni e stampe, located in the southeast tower of the Museo di Castelvecchio, preserves a graphic collection with more than 3,500 drawings dated between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries and over 8,000 prints, both old and modern.
The main nucleus of the collection was created in 1911 with the acquisition of the graphic collection of Andrea Monga, largely made up of didactic material which the collector acquired from the Accademia di Pittura of Verona. Additional acquisitions allowed to increase the collection with 28 atelier drawings of the famous French artist Luis Dorigny. In 1993 a large group of architecture studies and decorative motifs of the Veronese workshop of Farinati and two sketches of Caravaggesque taste by Marcantonio Bassetti were added to the collection, thanks to the donation of Luciano Cuppini. To enrich the prints collection contributed then the fondo of the Accademia and the bequest of Alessandro Pompei, among which are prints by Albrecht Dürer, Jacopo Caraglio, Agostino Carracci, Jacopo Palma il Giovane and the Tiepolo. In 2008, the transfer of the fondo Servolini from the Biblioteca Civica to the Museo di Castelveccchio increased the prints collection of the Gabinetto of circa 800 specimens.
A considerable increase is then due to the recent donation of Anna Maria Prati, who left to the museum, among prints, matrices and drawings, almost 500 works by the artist Dante Broglio.
+39 045 8062611